What is a Rube Goldberg Machine?
A Rube Goldberg machine is a mechanism made up of simple parts that work together in a chain reaction to accomplish a simple task at the end. They require creativity, ingenuity, and physics!
This Engineering Pathways kit is great for many different ages. Teachers often tell us they feel constricted with their curriculum. Engineering Emporium provides free worksheets to incorporate the Engineering Pathways kit into their standard curriculum.
The Engineering Pathways kits can be incorporated into Physics, Gravity, Simple Machines, Scientific Method, Motions and Forces
Rube Goldberg Machine Kit Contents:
You can download the first five pages of the booklet here!
- Our Custom 3-D Printed Pulley with Ball Bearings (x3)
- Our Custom 3-D Printed Lever and Fulcrum
- Our Custom 3-D Printed Boat
- Our Custom 3-D Printed Bucket
- Our Custom 3-D Printed Inclined Plane
- 12” Hot Wheels Track (x10)
- 8” Hot Wheels Track (x4)
- Hot Wheels Track Connector (x14)
- Hot Wheels Car (x3)
- Sand Paper
- Slinky (x1)
- Ping Pong Balls (x6)
- Popsicle Sticks (x100)
- String (200 ft)
- Plastic Cups (x6)
- Balloons (x20)
- Various Size Rubber Bands (x50)
- Wooden Blocks – Dominos (x80)
- Duct Tape (x1)
- Construction Paper Multiple Colors (x25)
Optional Due to Safety Concerns:
- Mouse Traps (x2)
Please be careful if you choose to get mousetraps. We recommend a parent handling the mousetraps with children because they can be dangerous if used improperly.